How can people stoop so low for money, I simply don’t understand? Some people will go as far as to ruin an entire industry, in which thousands of people are engaged, for personal profit. About 2 years ago, a person called Jason Gambert filed a case for patenting the word ‘SEO’. The guy actually had the nerve to trademark the keyword, which is used by millions every single day! Was even the thought fair? Can one person play with the lives of millions of search engine optimizers all over the world?
Obviously one person thought the move was unfair and challenged the trademark application. Rhea Drysdale decided that she will not let one person exploit the SEO community at large. She made up her mind and decided to contest against what she felt was an unfair decision. She stood up for the entire SEO industry and fought Jason, in court, tooth and nail. It was hard and a long wait for Rhea. Although not extremely rich, she spent about $ 17,004 to fight the case. Little did the opposition realize that ownership of such a widely used trademark was unjust and that the court would realize this fact, sooner or later! However, it took two years down the line to fight for the case, as Jason was extremely shrewd and witty.
Rhea knew very well, that the entire SEO industry would be a puppet of one person if the trademark was approved. To tell you the truth, she has definitely saved my job. She has saved all us; all SEO industry owes it to her. Guys, let us do our bit here, and help her with the contributions! Rhea, all of us support you wholeheartedly.
Thanks again Rhea Drysdale…
Search engine optimization is an ongoing practice which is necessary to rank the positioning of different sites, to the favor of the viewer. Their web data’s are updated regularly and they rank the different sites based on some ‘typical’ factors. They are
- Keyword rich Title- The title is probably the most important part of your entire article. Remember, and please remember this well, if your title is not keyword rich, it is unlikely that it will be ranked higher on different search engines. You should try and guess what exactly the people will look for and give a suitable title accordingly. People will judge your article or even bother to read it only by reading your title.
- Keyword rich content- To secure a good ranking among different search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing it is necessary that your article should be keyword rich.
- Fulfill the article title promise- Please remember the fact that the content of your article should stick to the keywords you are targeting as well as your title. Search engines favor those articles that are specific and keyword relevant, and may reward you with higher ranking.
- Long tail keywords- Research and experience has shown that it is more profitable to target specific keywords and broad keywords.For example-weight loss is a broad topic whereas weight loss for men is more specific. Using Specific keywords are likely to fetch you higher ranking due to less competition.
- High Quality links- Link Building is an extremely important part of SEO. Most people follow the practice of getting as many back links to their article as they possibly can. However as a smart marketer and manager, you must instead focus of getting quality links from high ranked web sites and web pages. These links boosts up your image and ranking in the eyes of the popular search engines.
- Better navigation- Your viewers and search engines will be impressed if you provide easy browsing and navigation to your website. The best practice is to divide your website into specific categories, and keep each web page in categories best suited for it. . This way you will be able to get all your WebPages indexed by search engines and your human visitors will be able to easily browse your website without getting lost.
Follow these simple steps to make a successful online business website.
For every online business, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the heart of success in the business. It is the process by which a search engine optimizer brings your business website to rank highly among major search engines like Google, MSN, Yahoo, etc. The process of SEO is very beneficial to make more and more traffic to your website and that turns in to income. Unique content, relevant keywords and link popularity are the major factors to provide high rank in any search engine.
But choosing the right Search Engine Optimizer is also a very important for any online business success. If a good SEO can hit your business then no doubt a bad SEO can be responsible to make your business flop. So, always hire a good and experienced SEO so that you can be success in your online marketing business. There are quite number of optimizers that provide SEO services for your online business. But problem is how to choose a good and right Optimizer that satisfies your needs and requirements? Here are some tips that can get you helpful idea to choose a good Search Engine Optimizer in India.
• Never go with that Search Engine Optimizer from India that guarantee a #1 ranking in search engine because according to Google no one can guarantee for #1 ranking in search engine.
• Before selecting a Search Engine Optimizer, don’t forget to ask for references and list of client websites and some of its website success that will be helpful to find out fair idea of the services.
• Also check the PR (Page Rank) of the service provider’s website. If it cannot optimize its own site and get PR at least 3 to 5, can you think it will optimize your website? I think you should reject it.
• Also ask for keywords which ranks SEO services provider’s website. Check these keywords in different search engine. If the website doest not rank well with its own keywords, can you think, it will be helpful to rank your website in search engine? No, Never, You must reject it.
• Always hire a search engine optimizer that collects backlinks for your website from websites of good reputation.
• Do not go with those companies that use short cut tricks to optimize your website and promise you instant result of your website.
• Hire a Search Engine Optimizer from India that provides you long term solution.
• Go for that search engine optimizer that provides you continuous customer supports.
By following above mentioned tips one can select a good search engine optimizer for your online business.
Keywords are one of the most important tools for you, that is if you want to score on search engines. And believe me you do.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is necessary for the success of almost every business. Majority of traffic to websites is brought in by search engines if search engines ignore your site, you are as good as invisible.
Keywords are words and phrases that web users put into search engines when they are looking for particular topics, services or products.
Optimizing your website so it turns up in the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) search engine ranking of pages, can spell success for you. Only if you choose the right keywords can you begin on the winning trail of SEO.
Deciding on keywords
How exactly do you choose keywords- this is a precise art:
First you must prepare a list of your product/services workings. Every word that describes product/service must be included. Not that all the words will be used but it’s handy to have a database.
Secondly you must identify your target audience. Choosing effective keywords is about putting yourself in your audience’s shoes. Research their tastes, likes-dislikes, their needs and requirements.
The next stage is to judge the value of the words and phrases on your list have as search terms. For this there are several software’s available like-
Wordtracker is the most popular and respected keyword research tool.
KeywordDiscovery have an extensive keyword database.
Google AdWords provide a keyword generation tool, to help you choose keyword variations.
In the last stage you must narrow down your Keyword choice to 2-3 words or phrases. Any more than this your web page will resemble crowded street.
Keyword density is a calculation of how many times your keywords repeated in a page. The more times the keyword appears in relation to the total number of on page words, the greater the overall keyword density. There is no hard and fast rule for keywords but it’s best to keep the keyword percentage below five percent of the total number of words on the page.
A careful balance is needed too much and you end up on the crowded street, which users find exasperating and which search engines call spamming. (Search engines may penalize you for anything close to spamming).
Each search engine has a different mathematical equation concerning the density of keywords that is rewarded with higher search ranking placement. Different search engines have different criteria’s for keyword density. The best thing to do is use keyword density analyzers that calculate keyword density for given URLs.
Keyword placement refers to the location of the words on a Web page, some of the best places to put keyword are:
first 25 words on the page
To do successful business online, we must have a website. We also have the knowledge of search engine algorithm and idea about the search engine guidelines. Without respecting the search engine rules, we never reach on top in result. More than 80% visitors comes from search engines.
It is very important to read the search engine algorithm because it changes frequently. If you have no time to spend on your website then PPC is best option but it is not a permanent solution to increase visitors. For permanent solution you have to optimize your website using organic SEO.
Organic search engine optimization is white hat seo techniques for optimizing a website that donot involve any paid advertisement. It is delivers results for long time means visitors visit your websites without paying for it. If you follow the rules and guidelines of search engines and read it carefully, it is not very difficult for you to get listed on top.
Remember few points before optimizing the website :
1. Do not use hidden text.
2. Ignore flash and java script in the code.
3. Use meta tags relevant to the page. No keyword stuffing.
4. Use sitemap and add the link of all the webpages and connect it with home page.
5. Do not use copied or duplicate content on the website.
These are the basics and very important points. Also collect inbound links from other good theme sites. Blog writing and article submission are also useful and these are also helpful to increase the link back of your website. Go to the competitor websites and collect their link back reports and exchange link with link partner of your competitors. But reciprocal link exchange may harm your website also. So better post new articles about your business in article directories and provide a link of your website the articles. Update your blog at regular interval and when Google provides page rank to your blog then add the link of your website in the blog.
Organic search engine optimization takes time but in return you will get visitors free of cost in the future for long time.
Out of the many aspects of Search Engine Optimisation, selecting good, well researched keyterms is of vital importance.
If you do not get your keywords right, then you can spend many, many hours working away raising your rankings for keyterms that nobody is typing into Google!! Keyword research is more than a small part of ethical seo, it is a whole subject in itself!
The ideal is to manage to find keyterms that have a high volume of monthly searches but low competition! Remember, just because a keyterm returns millions of results in Google it does not mean that it is a good keyterm, just a competitive one!
Another aspect of Keyterm research is long chain aka long tail keyterms. For example, you would think that ranking No.1 for the keyterm “mortgage” would be amazing! It has MILLIONS of results after all!
But the clever ethical SEO would be more bothered about ranking for “low rate mortgage”, “fixed term mortgage”, “variable rate mortgage” or “buy to let mortgage”. these keyterms are likely to have less competition, and are actually probably closer to what people are typing into google!
Finding keyterms that have low competition, but high search volume really is a skill of its own. Some people often use a keyword tool to help them.
A good SEO specialist will know what to do, and will often start by researching about your specific niche to give them a good understanding of your customer base before starting out on any seo campaigns for you.
With high search engine rankings becoming increasingly important for business success online, search engine optimisation (SEO) is an important part of the marketing mix. However, hiring a professional SEO to run a campaign for you can be expensive. That’s where SEO training comes in.
The Importance of SEO
With 90% of internet users using search engines to find websites and the majority of those people only looking at the top two results pages, having a high search engine ranking really can make the difference between business success and failure.
By optimising your website for a particular search term you are able to attract traffic to it from people who are actively looking for your products and services.
This helps your business to generate what are effectively, qualified leads which are likely to produce sales.
The Benefits of SEO Training
The primary advantage of SEO Training is that it gives you access the SEO techniques you can apply yourself to achieve for a fraction of the cost of using an SEO consultant. As such, SEO Training is an effective and affordable way to achieve high search engine rankings.
SEO Training helps small businesses learn basic SEO skills to enhance the visibility of their websites in the search engines. There are a number of benefits offered by SEO Training. For example:
- SEO trainingprovides your company and its staff with an understanding of the issues involved with, and the techniques required for, successful SEO. This means that SEO training will allow you and your company to optimise your website internally rather than paying a consultant to do it for you.
- SEO training also allows you to modify your website in accordance with company developments, whilst still maintaining its search engine ranking.
- SEO training gives you the necessary information to brief your web designers effectively to ensure that their design proposals do not harm your ranking potential.
Google optimisation is one of the most important factors of a search engine optimisation campaign. Google has become the daddy of the search engine world with just over 60% of all online searches in the United States it is the most talked about search engine. The other major search engines (yahoo and MSN) often follow the algorithm trends of Google.
So what are the major differences with Google optimisation
There are a few major differences with Google these are:
• The renowned Google sandbox
• The Google Page Rank
• Google loves inbound links
Of course there are many more differences and nobody knows all of them (except Google engineers) but I don’t want to go into too much detail.
Google Optimisation how is it performed?
Well when I optimise a website for Google I always look at the inbound links pointing to my domain and my pages. With Google the quality of one way inbound links makes all the difference, so I concentrate solely on getting good quality inbound links. I do this by article writing, buying links and also link exchanges.
The Google page rank will naturally increase as you obtain one way inbound links. The most annoying thing about Google is the google sandbox.
The Google sandbox effects new domain names and holds them in a filter. However not all domain names are held in this filter, it would appear that they have to trigger it somehow (normally by using competitive keywords). Unfortunately patience will get you out of the Google sandbox, I recommend while you are in the sandbox keep adding content and linking external sites to yours.
Hope this Helps